1. Information collection
- information (such as, your name, your company name, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number, email address, website, nature of business and product/service details etc. of your company) when you register with us, use our services, attend our functions, or communicate with us. In some circumstances, we may also collect personal identification data such as your passport or identity card number, date of birth and/or nationality for security and verification purposes;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- the content of any communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used.
In addition, when you browse the Site, we will collect the basic technical information that your browser sends to the Site such as your browser type and language, access times, the address of the site from which you came to the Site, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, or click stream data within our website (i.e. the actions taken in connection with the Site) etc. We collect such technical information during your visit to the Site through our automatic data collection tools, which may include cookies and other commonly used technologies. We collect such data for the purpose of improving the functionality of the Site. Further information on cookies is set out below.
2.Use of information
- (a) processing applications
- (b) providing services and information offered through the Site
- (c) providing services to facilitate trade between Republic of Korea and overseas (or otherwise), and providing enquirers with contact and business information
- (d) our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
- (e) notification of Thetradeone trade fairs in Republic of Korea and promotional events or trade fairs around the world (and similar events or trade fairs organized by our business partners and counterparts)
- (f) distribution of Thetradeone publications and research materials (and those of our business partners and counterparts)
- (g) marketing Thetradeone services or products (and those of our business partners and counterparts engaged in similar or peripheral activities, such as business matching services, sourcing and conferences)
- (h) complying with laws, regulations or codes of practice in or outside Republic of Korea
- (i) legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
- (j) other purposes directly relating to the activities identified above
- (k) prevention or detection of crime, and protection of the security and safety of our events and trade fairs
- (l) verification of identity in events organized by us where it is necessary to verify your identity..
Your personal identification data such as date of birth and nationality (if collected by us) will be used solely for the purpose in (k) above. Your photo, passport or identity card number & copy will be used solely for the purposes in (k) and (l) above.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication whether now or hereafter known, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge. If applicable law requires that we receive your explicit consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your explicit consent.
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our overseas offices, promotional event / trade fair co-organizers, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (e.g other trade promotion bodies such as Korea International Trade Association, tradeKorea.com etc)
- the public, including persons enquiring about Thetradeone member companies
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Republic of Korea
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
We may provide your personal data as required or permitted by law to comply with a summons, subpoena or similar legal process or government request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or otherwise necessary to protect our rights and property, or the rights, property or safety of others, including but not limited to advisers, law enforcement, judicial and regulatory authorities in or outside Republic of Korea. We may also transfer your personal data to a third party that acquires all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or a part of our business, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
To prevent and detect crimes and to protect the security and safety of our events and trade fairs, we may provide your personal identification data such as your full passport/identity card no., date of birth and nationality to the law enforcement authorities in Republic of Korea including the Republic of Korea Police Force, Immigration Department, Customs Department and other similar authorities upon their lawful request (but not to any other third party save as expressly specified below).
We may also provide your passport or identity card number to personnel, agents, auditors, contractors and service providers in connection with the organization of our events, persons under a duty of confidentiality to us and /or persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Republic of Korea.
- 4.1 We use an email delivery and marketing company to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixels tags and cookies are used in those emails and at our Site to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our web site.
8. Data transfers
9. Your data privacy rights
Under the Republic of Korea Personal Information Protection Act, you have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
If you are in an EU Member State, subject to certain limitations and/or restrictions, you have the right under the data protection laws in the EU:
- to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- to obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of your personal data; and
- to the right to data portability.
Individuals in the EU also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise one of the above mentioned rights, cease marketing communications, and/or raise questions or complaints please contact us at: